What is Coronavirus?
- Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause respiratory illness in humans from the common cold to deadly infectious diseases like Middle east respiratory syndrome (MERS), Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and now COVID-19.
What is COVID-19?
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease discovered in Wuhan, China in December 2019.No medicine has been invented to treat this disease, clinical trials still going on.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- The most common symptoms seen in COVID-19 effected person are fever, tiredness and dry cough. And some patients may expect nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, and diarrhea.
- At the beginning stage, they are mild and become worse day by day where you need medical assistance.
- Most of the people will recover without needing any special treatment and out of 6 people 1 effected with COVID-19 will be seriously ill.
- People with old age and having medical issues like heart problems, diabetes, and high blood pressure are more likely to develop severe illness.
How it spreads
- It will spread when a person with COVID-19 sneezes or coughs and droplets inhaled by a healthy person or come into contact with droplets on the surface.
How to prevent spreading of COVID19
- Stay a minimum of 3 feet away from the people when they are sneezing or coughing.
- Wash your hands regularly with sanitizer or soap and avoid touching your mouth and nose.
- Isolate yourself when you feel sick and seek immediate medical attention if feel the symptoms.
- Make sure that people around maintain respiratory hygiene like wearing masks and sneezing below the elbow.
How pandemic COVID-19 affected Advertising industry
- As of today, many countries still remain lockdown and it will continue 2 to 3 weeks.
- It affected many industries very badly. Construction, Chemical industry, and tourism are the worst affected.
- Some industries in demand are Health care, News and Media and online streaming services.
- According to some reports, Indian advertising may suffer more than 4500 corers loss for the next two to three months if lockdown continues.
- Ad spends on tourism, consumer durables, consumer goods, food, beverages which may be more than 2000 crore are at risk.
- As summer launch product campaigns of food and beverages were kept hold and postponed up to the return of normal position.
- And due to the postponing of IPL (Indian Primer League), 2500 corer on ad spend campaigns are kept hold.
- Retail and Restaurant businesses are badly effected and services like food delivery and Cab are facing more problems due to COVID-19.
- The economy getting worse and most of the clients have pulled by product launch events and postponed the ad spend for two to three months.
- As from the above reports we may have a slight negative impact due to COVID-19. But there will be a greater hike once the situation gets to normal.
“Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” – General George Patton.